Wednesday 7 December 2011

I wish I was a rich girl #3

When I was a kid, hair combs were brightly coloured pieces of plastic. Not very pretty at all. It took me a while to realize that many of those pretty hair ornaments that you see in old movies and pictures are actually combs and forks. Here is a collection of Art Deco and 1940’s combs for your pleasure.

1940’s celluloid tortoise comb. I really like the shape!




Art Deco rhinestone comb



Hinged rhinestone comb



Red celluloid bow combs



Faux mother of pearls and rhinestone comb



Mexican comb with silver grapes, 1940’s



Comb with gold inlay and faux pearls



Japanese Art Deco comb



Faux tortoise shell comb with rhinestones



Aluminium, paste and celluloid comb



1930’s peach comb with metal ornament



1940’s pearl topped picks



Rhinestone hair fork



Two really pretty Art Deco combs



If you don’t have hair enough, but still want to use a pretty two pronged comb, then I think this is a perfect idea; use it as a hat decoration!



Please note that I'm not endorsed by any of these sellers. I have chosen things I like without any regards to price or seller's reputation.

7 comments:

Laurence said...

I love combs and own some vintage ones. But I never worn them because I cannot do a nice hairstyle with them... they always fall down in the middle of the day when I don't have a mirror to fix my hair.... What a pity, they are so cute!

What-I-Found said...

These are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Us thin haired girls are so envious!

That70sShoppe said...

You found some great combs! So happy to have one of ours included!

Unknown said...

Oh my-If only I could get my hands on some of those-they are all so beautiful! Lovely post! xox

Isis said...

Laurence: I have two two-pronged combs from the 30's that worked very well when my hair was long. Now I'm not so sure... :)

What I Found: You can put it in a hat then. ;) Glad you enjoyed the post!

That70Shoppe: You ar emost welcome. :)

Bunny Moreno: They are all for sale on Etsy- just follow the links. :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo pretty... All I want for Christmas is a silver grapevine comb.. ;)

Isis said...

StephC. I'm with you there! It's so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...